Last month my husband was given an opportunity he/we couldn't pass up. Opportunity location---Austin, Texas. While San Francisco has provided us a great place to live, is the birthplace of our twins, and has been a great platform to build our careers, we have decided to head back home. It is a bit surreal, I actually thought we might be here forever, so a part of me is very sad, but the majority of me is so excited to be back home, closer to family and great friends.
Image: Courtesy of David Kozlowski's photostream via flickr found via Google Images
We've recently been asked what will we miss most about SF. Here are my top 5.
- Walkability Factor - bye,bye walking everywhere and hello car :( Back to my old workout routine.
- Weather - 110 temps! - hopefully it was just a bad summer
- Beauty - Austin is beautiful, but it's hard to beat the bay!
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - I've had the pleasure of meeting so many talented and motivated people.
- Friends - Our friends here were our family. We will miss you tons.
Please spread the word! I am heading to Austin and am for hire! In the meantime, we are in the midst of purchasing a home. Yes, that's right...we bought a house and still live in SF. Lets just say, it was meant to be. Take a look at the 102 year old beauty! Don't you LOVE the porch? Yes, that is a swing!
Needless to say, it has been a bit crazy: finishing up projects, flying back and forth to Austin, and managing two-year old twins! We just celebrated their 2nd birthday this past weekend. I'll post a few pics soon of their adorable party!
I hope to continue to inspire you all in Austin! Official Move Date: September 27th.